Monday 7 August 2006

HOW DO MALAYSIANS USE THE ________?

As I have promised in my last entry, I will share with you something that Aiko asked me. Well, it is quite humiliating actually. The thing that Aiko wanted to know from me was – How do Malaysians use the toilet???

I had a hard time explaining because I had to give her some background about how toilets were like in Malaysia 30 years ago compared to the toilets that we have today. I had to tell her that some Malaysians are so used to another type of toilet, so much so that they are not comfortable when they have to sit on the toilet seat. I somehow could sense the thing that is really boggling Aiko’s mind. True enough – her concern was why are the toilet seats dirty as though people stepped on them instead of sit on them!!!

Well, to all of you out there, please teach your children the proper way to use the toilet duduk. It was design for you to sit on it and nothing else!

Well, I do hope that Aiko and family will choose Malaysia as their holiday destination again next time!

7 comments:

dith said...

Azian,

Dia tak tanya ke kenapa toilets in Malaysia are always wet?? :p

Madame A said...

DITH,
Surprisingly, NO. Well, may be Aiko was very satisfied with my crystal clear answers. :)

Fariz Abdullah @Francis said...

Hi mama chop,

I got an email recently showing the danger of NOT sitting on the toilet bowl. It is in fact VERY dangerous if it breaks. Very scarry just thinking about it.
But many people still do that, oblivious to the danger.

And yes, I find that many toilets in Malaysia are always WET. I have problem with that, because I wear socks.
But then again...as Malaysian, we tend to learn to follow the flow lah. We seldom (or almost never) ask why (your toilet so wet?) or show our displeasure.
That's our good nature I guess.

Madame A said...

fariz,
Malaysians are so used to wet toilets. If I have the choice I would prefer them dry of course!

eyna said...

Hi mama chop..
Today, both designs of bowls have been created but still they dont know how to use it.. if they want to squat, go lah with squating design kan.. :D

Madame A said...

t.ina,
The problem is a lot of people like to do things that they were told not to do but will not do things that they are suppose to do. Eg: They like to squat on the toilet that was designed for them to sit!!!! Introduce a new subject in schools??? ('Toilet Education' or 'Sitting on the Toilet Education'??)

Queen Of The House said...

Wait till they all semua sakit lutut tak dapat nak cangkung, baru tahu nak duduk on the sitting toilet kot!