Wednesday 30 May 2007

MY HOLIDAY



I was away – away as in out of the country from the 18th – 28th May 2007. Monsieur A and I were in Europe. During the 9 ½ days, we were in 4 different countries of Western Europe. The countries that we visited were France, Germany, Austria and Chez Republic.

Although it was a busy period for me at the office, this trip was something that I really looked forward to. Actually, Monsieur A was having a conference in Vienna, Austria for 2 days on the 21st and 22nd May 2007. My friend was teasing me saying that the trip was like a honey-moon for both of us. Another honey-moon after 22 years of married life...

It was just the two of us. We left the children who were in the midst of their mid-year exams. Unfortunately, Monsieur A also left the poster that was meant for the Vienna conference at the KLIA Mc Donald’s. But luck was with him, the organizing committee in Vienna was kind enough to have his poster printed in colour out-put and it was done for frei (frei is ‘free’ in German).



BTW, if you visit Austria, you will not be able to visit Vienna because over there Vienna is referred to as Wien (pronounced Vin).

We really enjoyed ourselves albeit somewhat exhausted because of the non-stop driving from one city to another. Oops…I did not drive at all although the car rental company said that I can drive using the Malaysian Driving Licence. We also walked or ride on the tramp or train in the cities.

I will try to post pictures and write on our holiday experience in my coming entries! Watch out, ok! For now, you can recall your geography knowledge from the maps that I have put up!

9 comments:

dith said...

Azian,

Come one! Not just maps! We want your honeymoon pics! haha

dith said...

Azian,

Pics ! We want pics! hehe

Pak Idrus said...

Hi there, should be an interesting trip. I live once in Germany. After I retired My spouse and Me tour Europe and enjoyed every minutes of the tour. The Ferry trip from Holland to England is one of a kind. One thing about Europe is that all things are old and full of tradition and culture. A great place to live and enjoy life. Have a nice day and take care.

Arifah said...

Lainkali kene bawak kitorang pergi! Hehehehhe. =P

Arifah said...

Lenkali kene bawak kitorang!
Hehehehe. =P

Arifah said...

Bring me along next time! =P
Hehehhehe.

Madame A said...

dith,
Pictures will be coming. Had to catch up with work! (after 10 days away from the office!)

Madame A said...

pak idrus,
It was an interesting trip. I agree that Germany has got very old but well kept buildings. What year was it that you lived in Germany? Where abouts in Germany?

Madame A said...

afie,
I hope there will be a next time...so that I can bring everyone in the family along!
:)