Thursday 20 July 2006

BREAKBONE FEVER

Assalamualaykum everyone. Anyone out there wondering why I was ‘quiet’? Something terrible happened to my first and last daughter. They were both weakly infected by virus. It was no ordinary virus, mind you! Virus brought by the evil mosquitoes!!! Yes indeed! They were taken ill (very ill) due to the dengue fever, or the BREAKBONE FEVER! Yeap, this fatal fever causes severe pain in the joints – it feels like some one is breaking up all your bones!!!

Actually, Atiqah started to have fever on the 2nd July 2006. My husband took Atiqah to Pusat Rawatan Islam Az-Zahrah (PRIA), Bandar Baru Bangi and an FBC (full blood count) was done. It was at the low end of 200. She continued having high fever and the visit to PRIA on the 5th July indicated that her FBC is now 106. Upon the paediatrician’s advice Atiqah was admitted to PRIA. I was actually staying in at the Eastin Hotel in Petaling Jaya attending a meeting but had to leave early because of Atiqah’s condition since my husband has gone for his consultancy work in KK, Sabah. (Thank you Pn Nawal for being understanding and allowing me to take care of my daughter. Pn Nawal bt Salleh is my superior at MES, Putrajaya).

My darling Atiqah was warded but Arifah need only repeat her FBC everyday – her FBC did not get too low to call for a ‘stay’ at the hospital, Alhamdulillah, praises to Allah.

Atiqah was at PRIA until the 9th July. Fortunately, the 10th July 2006 is Atiqah's 10th birthday. Luckily I bought her a present already. Guessed what she got??? A personalised pencil case - I had her name written on the pencil case. She was grinning from ear to ear when I presented her with the pencil case. I am glad the saga is over now. Atiqah was back to school on the 12th July – the week when all her friends were sitting for the July monthly test. I am yet to get her marks!!! Arifah missed her first day of second year at the new UPM Medical Faculty. She is now almost settled at the new college – seldom comes home. Well, I know it is not easy to be in Med Fac!!! Study Smart, Kakak!!! May you be a doctor for the people, do not be greedy in acquiring material gains, never boast about your success , remember your origin!

5 comments:

dith said...

Azian

Alhamdulillah all is well. Make sure they dont get a second re infection which could be worse.

Madame A said...

DITH,
thank you so much for the advice. I am now mosquito phobia!!! Any word for mosquito phobia?
BTW, my salam to the other doctor in your house.

Queen Of The House said...

Assalamualaikum Azian (Kak Azian?) ... welcome to blogging. I got here from DITH's blog. I hope both your girls are feeling fine now .... dengue is so scary!

Madame A said...

Thank you QOTH.Alhamdulillah both girls are fine, but...the sight of mosquitoes scare me, (!!!) even the mosquitoes in Miri gave me a fright!(I was in Miri for the last 5 days). Hmm..is it confirmed that I am the oldest women blogger in the state of Selangor? Were you an MCE or SPM candidate? What year?

Queen Of The House said...

Late answer but I hope you don't mind .... I guess it is confirmed :-) I and DITH are the same age.