Thursday 26 April 2007

MY ATTEMPT TO UPLOAD PICTURES

Today I was almost glued to my laptop. Luckily it is a public holiday today in Malaysia - installation of our 13th King, the Sultan of Terengganu.

I was trying very hard to generate my web album - putting titles to pictures, comments that go along with each one, arranging them in chronological order, etc. Well, for a first-timer I think I was quite successful. Thanks to my beloved Monsieur A, but let me tell you that it was not an easy task. At the end of the day I managed to generate TWO web albums and ONE of it is already on the web. Temporarily, it is residing at Mannlehrer's web page. He got free space through his employer's home page. (Excuse me, I hope I am using the correct ICT terms here!)

This gives me the idea that I should ask for an account from my employer so that I can upload information, pictures, etc on to the web. May be no one in my organization has asked for this before! Hmm...that will be another task for me. Being in the civil service, I wonder if this is allowed. Come to think of it, why not? After all, the objective of the government's smart school initiative is to produce a new generation of IT-literate Malaysians who are creative and innovative, adept with new technologies and able to access and manage information to enhance the competitiveness and productivity of the economy.

OK, wish me luck in getting my information and pictures to reside at a free server!

No comments: