Friday 8 August 2008

DINER AVEC UNE FAMILLE MAROCAINE

Last night my husband and I had dinner at a Moroccan family's house. This family is Moroccan by origin but they are of French nationality. Before I came to France, I heard a lot about Zakaria from my husband. Don't worry Zakaria, he always talk good about you (smile!). In case you are wondering, Zakaria is the handsome young man in the striped, navy blue shirt.

Zakaria, his mother (Madame Latifa), his two younger brothers (Mosab and Abu Hanifa), and his only sister (Houda) live at Malakof. It is about 10 minutes drive from my husband’s studio. Houda studies at a management school in Bordeaux and unfortunately she was not home last night. Mosab is the one in the white shirt, while Abu Hanifa is the one wearing grey t-shirt.

It was an enjoyable evening with this family, despite the fact that I only know very little French and Madame Latifa can only speak French and Arabic. These boys were born in France and naturally they speak French like a French! I can understand 30% of their conversation because they tried their best to use English and partly because 60% of English words originated from French!

Merci beaucoup pour Madame Latifa! C’est très bon dîner!


2 comments:

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

Is that you Kak Yan? he he he. Just guessing. Tak nampak le. Yep, Im still teaching English kat SMAP!!! Ada vacancy tak kat Ministry?

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

Is this Kak Yan? Yep, ni HUsna. Still teaching English kat SMAP Kajang. Ada vacancy tak kat Ministry? He he he