Sunday 3 August 2008

DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

18th July 2008, 915pm: Arifah, Afiq, Atiqah and my sister-in-law sent me to KLIA. On the way, we stopped at INTI University College Nilai to fetch Afifah. My flight to Paris, transit at Dubai, is at 12.50am, 19th July. After checking in at about 10.30pm, I asked them to leave for home because Atiqah has to attend school the next day.

19th July 2008, 4am: I arrived Dubai International Airport. I was a bit lost since I was alone and it was my first time at this airport. After passing through security, I asked a lady worker about subuh prayer time. She could not understand my English very much, but from her sign language I could understand that I will be able to hear the azan when subuh is due.

4.20 am: Alhamdulillah, Praises due to Allah, Azan for Subuh could be heard throughout the airport. I managed to locate the prayer room. Hmm…ladies were sleeping in the prayer room despite being asked by an airport worker to wake up and perform prayers! From her looks, this airport worker is a Chinese origin. I was quite shocked at the way she reacted to the ladies who could not be bothered with the sound of the Azan. May Allah protect her. Most of the ladies just continued sleeping…

After I have performed my prayers, another airport worker again asked the ladies to wake up and to leave the room if they do not intent to perform subuh prayer. She threatened that she will call the security if they refuse to leave. Look like these ladies are stubborn and no threat or scolding will make them budge!

I left the prayer room, and just walked around while window shopping around the many shops in the airport. I saw that Emirates also give meal vouchers if passengers transit for more than 4 hours – I qualify actually! But the queue was too long and I doubt if I have the patience. Moreover I wasn’t hungry.

I think Dubai Airport is very huge and beautiful but one set back is that there were too many people sleeping on the floor!!!!



2 comments:

durra abd razak @ kocikin... said...

makcik...i've been to Dubai Airport twice..ur rite...for 10 hours transit to KL!!! just imagine..no where to go..and no where to rest..u cant sleep in musolla...where am i supposed to lepak???

added to it, a group of nigerians had approached me..requested me to be their girlfriend!! so they can follow me back to KL!! bad experience though...

emirates should come out with better ways to handle their customers...what a waste of having a huge airport...

Madame A said...

durra,
thank you for spending time at my blog. i must admit that i am not a consistent blogger..... probably i will be one when i retire :)